1. PAYMENT: All payments are in Canadian Dollars. Reservations require at least a 50% deposit made by credit card or cheque to guarantee your reservation. Your cheque or credit card along with a signed BOOKING AGREEMENT must be received before the rental unit will be secured for your reservation. It is your responsibility to provide your credit card number and make sure your final balance is received at least 1 month prior to your arrival date. If a reservation is made within 30 days of arrival date rental fees must be paid in full at time of booking. We will regretfully have to cancel your reservation if the final balance is not received by the due date on this agreement and there will be no refund issued.
2. CANCELLATION POLICY AND REFUNDS: We know that plans can go astray. However, we rely primarily on advance reservations and cancellations cannot always be filled. So to be fair, our policy is as follows: Any rental fees paid, less a $100 processing fee plus any credit card fees, are refundable, if the reservation is canceled at least 90 days prior to your arrival date. If you cancel during the 90 days prior to your arrival, you will forfeit all rental fees collected. If the canceled reservation is re- booked, we will refund your forfeited rental fee, less a $100 processing fee plus any credit card fees, after the end of that rental. No shows will be charged in full unless the house is re-rented. No refunds due to weather, change of plans, or early departures. All guests are financially responsible for the entire booking once your reservation has been made. We recommend that you purchase trip insurance to cover the potential financial loss. Visit http://www.InsureMyTrip.com or http://www.vacationrentalinsurance.com for details.
3. OCCUPANCY: The maximum number of guests is limited to twelve (12) persons. An additional charge or $25.00 per person per night for guests in addition to ten (10) will be assessed. There will be NO ADDITIONAL GUESTS without permission from the owners. Guests will be charged $100 per person per day if more people are found to be on the property than the amount of people that is agreed upon in the Booking Agreement. Owners reserve the right to cancel, rescind or terminate any rental based on occupancy in excess of the agreed upon occupancy list.
4. MINIMUM AGE: The minimum age required to rent the house is 25 years and the person who books the house must stay at the house for the entire rental period. Sub-letting or parents renting for their children under the age of 25 is NOT allowed. No student groups or house parties of any kind.
5. SECURITY / DAMAGE DEPOSIT / PROTECTION: A credit card number is used for a security deposit. It will be charged to protect us from possible damages to our property. These charge will be reversed within 48 hours of check-out providing the house is left in good condition, rental agreement is adhered to, and there are no damages above regular wear and tear. Alternatively, Property Damage Protection can be purchased at the time of booking. Should we find the house in an unacceptable condition upon your departure, your security deposit or damage protection will be used for extra cleaning, damage repairs, replacement of missing contents expenses resulting from agreement violations such as smoking inside the house, trash left in the house, dirty dishes left unwashed, furniture moved, etc… Claims will only be applied if absolutely necessary and you will be notified. Guests are financially responsible for all damages, additional cleaning fees and extra costs incurred during or as a result of their stay. Should damages exceed the amount of the security deposit or damage protection reimbursement amount and an agreement can not be reached, the owners reserve the right to pursue full compensation and damages via civil and/or criminal proceedings.
6. CHECK-IN and CHECK-OUT: Check-in is 4:00pm and check-out is 11:00am unless otherwise agreed to with the owners. An additional nights stay will be charged for late check-outs.
7. PETS: We are pet friendly and therefore do allow pets with prior approval. There is a $50 per pet fee. Do not leave pets unattended unless they are in a portable kennel or inside our secured outdoor kennel. Pet owners are responsible for cleaning up of any/all pet refuse. Pets are not allowed on beds or furniture at any time. Please wipe pet paws before entering house. Please feed pets in kitchen only. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees. Aggressive pets are not welcome.
8. RETURNED CHEQUES: There is a $50.00 per cheque fee for all returned cheques.
9. MAINTENANCE: Please report any problems or damages in the house the day of check-in to us. If not reported, we must assume the damage or loss occurred during your occupancy and we will have to charge you. When maintenance needs arise during your stay please contact the us. It may be necessary for us to enter the house during reasonable hours to perform minor repairs. There will be no refunds for the malfunction of any equipment including but not limited to TV, appliances or power outages.
10. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE: While linens and bath towels are included, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the house.
11. TELEPHONE: We are located in the mountains and your cell phone may not work at the house. There is a house phone available with local Great Vancouver calling. To make long-distance calls use a calling card. Any phone charges during your stay will be charged to your credit card.
12. SMOKING AND SMOKE DETECTORS: This is a NON SMOKING house. Smoking is permitted outside but cigarettes must be disposed of in the ashtrays provided. If we find evidence of smoking inside our property, you will forfeit your entire security deposit. There are two smoke detectors, do not unplug or remove the batteries from them. There are also a fire extinguishers beside the front door in case of an emergency.
13. CAMPFIRES: We have an outdoor fire pit and firewood can be gathered around the property. No trees are to be cut down and a fire must never be left unattended. Also, please be aware of and respect any local burn laws and restrictions.
14. WATER AND SEPTIC: This residence is on city water and septic system. The septic system is very effective; however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is found that feminine products have been flushed and clogs the septic system, you could be charged damages of up to two hundred dollars ($200).
15. GARBAGE / RECYCLING - This residence is in a rural area and therefore does not have regular garbage pickup. A garbage container and garbage bags are provided, however there is a one bag per three day rental limit. For garbage exceeding this limit a $10 per bag fee will be assessed. A blue box is provided for recycling and there is no limit providing that the contents are rinsed and tidy.
16. CHECK-OUT PROCEDURES: Upon departure guests are required to leave the property in the same general condition as it was when they arrived. Please comply with the following before check-out:
- Bedding: used bedding removed and placed in the downstairs bathtub
- Towels: used towels placed in downstairs bathtub with one load started in the washing machine
- Dishes: washed and put away
- Fridge: emptied and wiped down
- Garbage: bagged and placed in garbage can outside
- Recycling: sorted, bottles washed out, and placed beside garbage can outside
- BBQ: cleaned and gas turned off
- Thermostats: all four thermostats set to 15 degrees and both fireplaces turned off
- Property: left neat and in order
- Lights: turned off to conserve energy
- Windows and doors: closed and locked
- Driveway gate: closed on your way out
17. SURVEILLANCE: Security cameras are installed to monitor the outside of, and access to our property. This is to provide additional security for both our guests as well as ourselves. Any video or images captured by these devices is held in the strictest confidence and will never be shared or broadcast except in the event that it is required by the police or courts for the purpose of a criminal investigation. Evidence of tampering with any security or communication (telephone/internet) equipment will result in security inspection which may cause immediate eviction from the premises.
18. LIABILITY: This property is privately owned. The renter accepts renting privileges with the understanding the he/she does hereby release Harrison Lake House and its owners of all liability for loss or damage to property and injury, against claims resulting from loss or damage to property, injury or illness to the person of any member of the family or guest of the registered renters arising out of the use of the property, premises or facilities.